The following is a written version of the Starting SSH Connection video above.
In the event Beyond Security support needs to troubleshoot something within the Operating System of the IS (management server) and LSS (scanner) or beSECURE II (IS and LSS together), or the software version of the management server requires an update, an SSH connection must be established.
To establish an SSH connection:
- Download and install the PuTTY application on your computer.
- Log in to beSECURE.
- Enable the DevOps mode.
- In the side navigation bar, select More > Server > Maintenance.
- Select the Logs tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the SSH Server Status:
- If the SSH Server Status is Running, the SSH connection is already open. Proceed to step 7.
- If the SSH Server Status is Stopped, click Start Service.
- Open the PuTTY application.
- In the Host Name (or IP address) box, enter the beSECURE server's IP address.
- In the Port box, enter 22.
- Click Open.
- The PuTTY prompt window appears.
- Contact the Beyond Security support team for further assistance.