beSTORM currently supports the following CAN bus hardware devices:
- PCAN-USB - a USB-to-CAN device.
- PCAN-USB FD - a USB-to-CAN device that supports CAN and CAN FD.
- Intrepid ICS CAN - a USB-to-CAN device.
- ValueCAN 4-2 - Low-Cost High Performance CAN FD - USB Interface with IP65 Aluminum Enclosure.
beSTORM API support
beSTORM currently supports all three devices, with many CAN modules available separately for each device. beSTORM uses the device’s API to correctly set the CAN bus.
Requirements from a future device
To add or change a device using our existing CAN bus modules, it must support the following functions:
- A function that opens the interface to CAN bus, which is wrapped inside a OpenDevice call (that is, a custom DLL that must be written). See the OpenDevice example below.
- A function that closes the interface to CAN bus, which is wrapped inside a CloseDevice call.
- (optional) A function that configures the CAN bus settings (speed, bit parity, etc.). which is wrapped inside a SetGlobals call (this can be “empty” if these settings are provided through a third-party configuration tool and do not need to be performed by beSTORM).
- Intrepid ICS CAN:
bool res = icsneo_openDevice(&choosenDevice);